Saturday, May 22, 2010

Starting our garden

I have grown up gardening, but this will be the first year that my husband and I grow a garden together.  We have a late start on it this year (due to buying a new home and remodeling), but we are hoping to get at least something planted this year, even if it is smaller than we would like.

This will be the year to test the soil and climate (I gardened in another state, and the growing seasons are slightly different).  Hopefully experimenting this year will give us challenges and lessons learned so that next year's garden will be even better :)

I have currently dug up the grass and weeds, and am awaiting the next step.  We have rabbit issues, so we are going to experiment on how to keep them out of the garden.  I think we've decided to use chicken wire and posts.  I'll keep you updated on our efforts.

No comments: