Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Homemade Vegetable Broth Powder

I saw a blog post about how to make vegetable broth powder and I got excited!  We have been looking for good vegetable broth powder, and I didn't even THINK to make my own.  See how I take for granted that we can BUY everything instead of MAKE it ourselves?  Hence the reason I set up this blog and started doing all of this research in the first place.  I am excited to make this in the next few days!!!

Recipe (found on this blog, from this book):


VEGETABLE BROTH POWDER

2 cups Nutritional Yeast (NOT bread yeast.  Buy at health food store)
1/2 cup sea salt
2 Tablespoons onion powder
1 Tablespoon turmeric
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
2 teaspoons marjoram (optional)
2 teaspoons dried powdered lemon peel (optional)
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon powdered thyme
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
Place all, except parsley, in a blender in the listed order. Blend until powered together. Add parsley and pulse to chop. Store in an airtight container indefinitely in the cupboard. To make veggie broth, add 1 tbsp of powder to every quart of water.

1 comment:

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Yes, it's amazing what you can make! You really can make everything if you have a mind too. Thanks for linking to my book project!

Manuela