Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Homemade Deodorant

The woman of a blog I read is absolutely sure that her homemade deodorant is the best.  She even tried it on and didn't shower for three days just to see how well it worked!  Now that's what I call dedication!

Because of her enthusiasm and guarantee of such a great product, I will post her blog before I even try the deodorant.  If you try it first, let me know!  It is 100% natural without chemicals, aluminum, and propylene glycol (anti-freeze).  I'll be sure to try this soon and let you know what I think about it :)

Here's the recipe from her blog:

It's NO Secret:  Best Natural Deodorant Ever
1/4 cup Baking Soda
1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder
4 Tablespoons Beeswax
1/4 scant cup Shea Butter
1/4 heaping cup Coconut Oil
Favorite good smelling Essential Oils

I used Tee Tree, Lemon and/or Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Rosemary, Orange

5-20 drops of each according to "smell" I used more of the citrus ones and less of the others. You could use Lavender or other oils you like but I would for sure use some Tee Tree and a Citrus I think these are key to smelling good they not only have a good smell themselves they help fight potential bad smell from you.

Mix the Baking Soda and Arrowroot powder in a medium sized bowl. In a double boiler melt the Beeswax, Shea Butter and Coconut oil. When melted remove from heat and add the essential oils. Then pour onto soda mixture and mix. Quickly Pour (before it sets up) into empty roll on deodorant containers or other container of choice. Should make about 3 sticks. Enjoy being B.O. free!! Naturally!

No comments: